Ataxia Telangiectasia Society
54 Thrales End Business Centre
Thrales End Lane
Telephone: (+44) 01582 760733
Founded in 1989, The AT Society is a national charity providing information and support to people affected by ataxia-telangiectasia as well as funding and promoting research to develop treatments and a cure. Our positive philosophy of Live Well with AT expresses our commitment to provide the information and support to enable people with AT and their families to live their lives to the full. At the same time, we work to improve treatments and to stimulate and fund research.
What does the A-T Society do?
- We provide support to all individuals and families living with A-T, including information, advocacy, liaising with health and social care professionals and providing financial assistance where needed
- We raise awareness of the condition in a variety of ways including organising fundraising events, delivering talks to schools and colleges, being active on social media and producing a biannual newsletter
- We work with the NHS to organise specialist national A-T clinics in the UK, arranging and funding travel and accommodation for families attending these clinics
- We provide opportunities for people affected by A-T to meet together to learn from each other about living with the condition and to share their experiences
- We organise activity breaks for young adults living with A-T to boost their confidence and self-esteem
- We fund research aimed at improving and developing new treatments for the condition, both to extend length and quality of life and, ultimately, to find a cure